When Walter & Rosa Huber first came to Canada in the 1970’s they stumbled upon a little slice of paradise. They decided that they couldn’t pass up the opportunity to share the pristine beauty and abundant resources of this area with all of you. Many years have gone by since the family first began operating the lodge but we are still going strong. The hospitality and traditions as well as the peaceful atmosphere established years ago continue to provide many smiles and capture many hearts. We hope each and every one of our visitors can share with us the many reasons that make this place so memorable.
Location and directions
We are located about 25km east of Dryden ON, down Bear Paw/Lone Pine Road. If entering Canada through International Falls/Fort Frances, Take Hwy 11 east for about 25km. When you reach Hwy 502, head directly north 160km until you reach the town of Dryden. Then take Hwy 17 another 25km east. After you pass through Wabigoon, Bear Paw/Lone Pine road will be your second right.
- Check In /Check Out – Guests may arrive at 1:00pm on the day of check in and we ask that they depart no later than 9:00am on day of check out
- Fishing Deposit – We ask for a $200.00 deposit per angler paid in full by April 1st of the vacationing year to reserve your package.
- Hunting Deposit – We ask for a $800.00 deposit per hunter paid in full by April 1st of the vacationing year to reserve your package
- Cancelations – Deposits are non-refundable but may be used towards another trip during the current season or the following season (some conditions apply)
- Re-booking – In order to ensure your desired dates and cottages are available we highly recommend our guests re-book upon departure. By doing so you will be guaranteed the current years rate the following year. (must receive payment within 30 days of departure)
- Method of Payment – We accept cash, personal cheques, email money transfers, VISA & MC for final payment. If paying with US cash or check we give an exchange of 5% less than what the bank is trading at upon departure.
- Taxes not Inc – The rates posted on the website and our rate sheets do not include 13% Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)
- Pet Policy - We are a pet friendly lodge however we charge a $25.00 cleaning fee per/pet per/stay